The West Florida Regional Planning Council is looking for a dedicated and motivated person to join our staff of experts. The following position is now open:
- Bachelor’s degree in planning, public administration or related field; supplemented by 10 or more years’ experience in municipal planning and development, including at least three years of supervisory or management experience.
- An equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience may be considered.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Master’s degree in planning, public administration or related field.
- Experience specifically in the following specializations: Housing, Environmental Planning, and Transportation Planning.
- Responsible for policy development, program planning, budget management, administration, and operational direction of the planning function for the West Florida Regional Planning Council.
- Assists the executive director on the leadership team.
- Reports to the executive director.
- Travel: 25-50%.
- Negotiable based on individual qualifications.
For the full example of essential functions as well as the knowledge, skills and abilities required, please download the Planning Director job description PDF.